The AIDS Taskforce of Greater Cleveland (ATGC) is administering a Community Educator Scholarship for the International AIDS Conference (AIDS 2012) in Washington DC, 22-27 July 2012. The purpose of the scholarship is to support the attendance of one HIV+ individual who is able to transfer the skills and knowledge acquired back to Greater Cleveland via the David Feldt Institute and who otherwise would not have the opportunity to attend the conference.
The David Feldt Institute is the ATGC’s primary means of engaging consumers in structured educational programming. From an annual membership survey to support groups such as Men’s group, Women’s group, and the Spill, to formal seminars on medication adherence, the David Feldt Institute forms a cohesive backbone for consumer engagement.
- The DFI Community Educator Scholarship is open to everyone living with HIV in the Greater Cleveland area.
- Application deadline: 13 February 2012. Applications will not be accepted after this date.
- You must be at least 18 years of age at the time of the conference (that is, turn 18 on or before July 22, 2012) to apply for a scholarship.
- You must complete an application and submit it by mail to AIDS 2012 Scholarship Committee, c/o ATGC, 3210 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH, 44115, or email to email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> with the subject heading: “AIDS 2012 Scholarship”.
· Priority consideration will be given to: current members of the David Feldt Institute; those whose participation will help enhance their paid or volunteer work; and those who submit an abstract, workshop or programme activity (Global Village or Youth Programme) to AIDS 2012.
- As only one scholarship is available and the demand is so high, it is strongly recommended you also seek funding from other sources.
Please click here to download the Community Educator Scholarship Application