|April 28, 2011|
|8:00 pm||to||11:00 pm|
SPECIAL PREVIEW NIGHT FUNDRAISER FOR THE AIDS TASK FORCE OF GREATER CLEVELAND!
Thursday night, April 28th, will be a special sneak preview of the Midwest Premiere of “Scream Queens: The Musical”. Tickets will be $25 with all proceeds going to the AIDS Task Force Of Greater Cleveland. ONLY 100 SEATS AVAILABLE.
TUESDAY, APRIL 5th: NATIONAL CALL-IN DAY TO SUPPORT FUNDING FOR DOMESTIC HIV/AIDS PROGRAMS!
• Congress has not yet passed a final Fiscal Year (FY) 2011 funding bill.
• Short-term Fiscal Year 2011 funding for government programs runs out at midnight on April 8th, and domestic programs that support health care and other services for people with HIV/AIDS are at risk for cuts.
• Congress also wants to use policy riders to limit the use of federal funding for important HIV-related programs, such as syringe exchange and public health programs that provide HIV and STD testing and other related medical services; and defund health care reform implementation.
• Congressional leadership is negotiating a final FY 11 funding bill now and may vote on it sometime over the next few days.
Please call the following Congressional Leadership and ask them to support full funding for domestic HIV/AIDS programs and no policy riders. Please help make these critical calls!
• Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), 202-224-3542
• House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH), 202-225-0600
• Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), 202-224-3135
I am calling to ask the Senator/Speaker to support full funding for domestic HIV/AIDS programs and no policy riders in the final FY11 funding bill!
• Amidst rising infection rates and shrinking state and local budgets, full federal funding for HIV/AIDS programs is more vital than ever. Over 1.1 million people currently are living with HIV and there are an estimated 56,000 new infections annually.
• Early and reliable access to HIV care and treatment help people with HIV live healthy and productive lives and is cost effective. Investing in HIV prevention today translates into greater health and less spending in the future.
• In my state/district, HIV programs are greatly needed, because (insert local details or tell personal story.)
If you have questions, please contact Judith Pindell, Director of Public Policy and Advocacy, The AIDS Taskforce of Greater Cleveland, 216.621.0766 x231 or email@example.com